Last Saturday on a crisp Michigan afternoon, the hubs and I put on our hoodies, jumped in the car and hit the 96 Freeway headed to AnnArbor to enjoy lunch at BURGERFI. Along the way I watched the tree foliage change from green to yellow and a fiery bright red. Yes, Fall has officially arrived to Michigan and she is making her presence known with crisp weather and rainbow foliage that begs to be seen.
Right on the corner of University Drive in Ann Arbor, our beacon of burger deliciousness called out to us to join her for lunch. We quickly navigated through the mob of students in Mazen Blue, located parking and we were on our way. Once through the doors we were reminded of a an old time soda shop that met up with new age high tech. Old fashion coke machines, handmade shakes with all the toppings and fresh NEVER frozen BURGERS!!!
The staff greeted us with smiles as we placed our orders with GLEE! The smells permeating from the grill were delightful as my stomach rumbled with anticipation. To start off, I had the Black & White Shake topped of with chocolate sprinkles and the hubs had the classic Vanilla Shake with rainbow colored sprinkles. The thick shakes quenched our pallets and helped to stave off our hunger until our meal arrived.
When our food arrived we were both blown away with the HUGE onion rings and hand cut fries. It’s called “Cry & Fries”. I ordered the CEO Burger, featuring two Wagyu + brisket blend beef patties, savory aged Swiss cheese, candied bacon-tomato jam and garlic truffle aioli sauce.
Biting into that burger was like biting into a slice of heaven. It was sooo tasty and decadent. The aged Swiss cheese and the sweetness of the tomato jam, my taste-buds were on overload. We enjoyed everything about BURGERFI. We loved the attention they pay to the tiniest details, like the branding of the buns, INGENIOUS! If you haven’t tried BURGERFI yet…. Do so ASAP! I give it 5 Stars!
For my next trip I can’t wait to try the Breakfast All Day Burger, featuring a Natural Angus Burger, American Cheese, Bacon, Maple Syrup, Fried Egg, Hash Brown, Grilled Onions, Ketchup.
Enjoy 5 Tailgating Tips from BURGERFI’s Corporate Executive Chef Paul Griffin
- Put what would traditionally be a side on your burger- i.e. fried egg, hash browns, bacon
- Spice up condiments- add garlic, jalapenos or Sriracha for that extra kick
- Cheeses make all the difference. It’s OK if you like to play it safe with a standard American slice, but switching out this option with cheeses such as Gouda, Blue Cheese and Brie can add bursts of flavor to your creation
- Grill up veggies, such as mushrooms and peppers, to give your burger an extra fire grilled taste
- Looking to lose the bun? Wrap burgers in hand-cut lettuce and load burger with grilled veggies for a healthier alternative
Disclosure: I received a meal without any cost to me in exchange for my honest review. Any opinions are my own.