Fresh mouth watering Seafood is a tasty delicacy I have grown to love since I was very young.
But finding Fresh Seafood in your local grocers seafood section can prove to be difficult.
Unless…… Your local grocer carries Matlaw’s!
When you taste Matlaw’s stuffed clams you will know you are consuming a premium seafood product. There is no “fishy” taste or smell. The unique blend of fresh seafood combined with the stuffed clam breading is like an edible match made in seafood heaven.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, entertaining friends or just have a taste for fresh seafood to serve to the family, Matlaw’s has you covered. During the winter months we dine in more than we do any other time of the year. When you’re cooking daily often times you will find yourself cooking the same ‘ol meals everyday. Matlaw’s fresh seafood gives you the opportunity to switch up your daily meals and with Seafood, no less.
Matlaw’s is sold locally in Michigan at Meijer Stores. Knowing fresh seafood products are available all year long and is just a ride away at my local grocery store is awesome. My family and I spent New Year’s Eve at home but I still wanted to make it very special. I decided that our menu would be filled with family food favorites. The big surprise was Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams. Everyone was wowed by the freshness and the tastiness of the stuffed clams. They were even more surprised when I told them I didn’t make the clams fresh but rather received them frozen from the sponsor. I simply placed them in the freezer until I was ready to cook them. Once I was ready I placed them on a cookie sheet and baked them in my oven according to the package directions. In no time we were dining on delicious stuffed clams. Easy Peasy.
They make a great holiday appetizer or tailgate food and are
individually portioned out in a “waistline friendly size clam shell,”
only 100 calories each, 1 gram or less in sat fat (depending on flavor
variety), and low sodium. They come in a variety of delicious flavors to
please the whole crowd like Bacon & Cheese, Chorizo, Chili Lime and
New England Style. Kids love the mild fish taste of these too, even
those with picky palates. This is a great way to introduce kids to
seafood and they love to play/color on the clam shells once they’re
cleaned off too! They are packed with protein, iron, and a good source
of potassium and zinc, too. They’re a super easy and tasty appetizer to
serve guests while you’re preparing the main meal over the holidays, or make a perfect side
dish for those who don’t want to overdo it on the stuffing. Simply
unwrap from packaging and heat in the oven – ready in under 30 minutes
(you can grill them too).
Bacon & Cheese Clam Pizza Bites Recipe
Prep time: 10 min * Cook time: 45 min * Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Pizza
16 ounces whole grain pizza dough, room temperature
4 Matlaw’s Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Clams
1 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
1 cup baby spinach
1.5 cups marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams on a baking sheet and place in oven for 30 minutes.
3. As the clams are baking, dust pizza dough, rolling pin, and counter
top with whole grain flour to keep dough from sticking. Roll out dough
into thin circular pizza pie. Place on baking stone or pizza sheet.
4. Spread 1 cup marinara sauce evenly on pizza. Top with spinach and mozzarella cheese.
5. After clams have been baked, remove from oven and carefully scoop out clam stuffing.
6. Bake pizza for 15 minutes or until crust begins to turn golden brown and cheese is melted.
7. Halfway through baking the pizza, remove from the oven and sprinkle
the clam stuffing evenly over the top of the pizza. Place pizza back in
the oven and continue cooking until the crust has turned a golden brown.
8. Slice pie into small, bite sized triangles.
9. Fill emptied clamshells with remaining marinara sauce for dipping.
1. Heat your grill with the cover closed (to about 550 F).
2. While your grill is heating, gather your sauce and toppings for the
pizza and place them within easy access of the grill as you will top the
pizza on the grill.
3. Wrap Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams in a foil pouch – leave the top open for a crispy top or closed for softer, moister clams.
4. Place wrapped clams on the preheated grill until and heat until hot throughout, about 20-25 minutes.
5. While the clams are on the grill, roll out your dough into a circle.
Brush one side of the dough with olive oil (this will be the side that
will be placed down onto the grill).
6. Once the clams are done, remove from the grill and carefully scoop out clam stuffing.
7. Open the grill cover and place the dough (oiled side down) onto the
grill. Then grease the top side of the dough by lightly brushing it with
olive oil. Cook for three minutes with the cover open, then close the
cover on the grill for an additional minute.
8. Next, flip the dough using a spatula or tongs.
9. After flipping, quickly place sauce, spinach, cheese, and clam stuffing on top of the dough.
10. Cover the grill once more and allow your pizza to cook for 3-5
minutes or until the dough is golden brown, crispy, and cheese is
11. Remove with tongs and slice into bite sized pieces. Serve warm.
12. Fill emptied clamshells with remaining marinara sauce for dipping.
Sale Coming Soon to all Meijer Stores
Meijer’s promotion all locations Feb 22- March 4 for the 6 pack of Matlaw’s New England Stuffed Clams and the 6 pack of Matlaw’s Scallops (both are $2.99 from $4.99).