Knowing the value of money has been a life lesson I’ve been teaching my 3 sons since they were very young. With the way they spend the money they receive and continue to ask for more and more, I’m not sure if they truly know and understand the lessons they’ve been taught. I recently read American children typically receive over $780 U.S.D per year in allowance but almost none of it is saved. A modest amount considering today’s economy. Sometimes I can hear my mother’s voice as I yell to my kid’s the same thing that was yelled to me ” Money does not grow on trees!”
Virtual Piggy helps parents empower kids and teens to be money smart. It gives them the digital tools and parent safety boundaries to responsibly manage, track and spend their money. Virtual Piggy offers an online family wallet, budget tracking dashboard and and kid- safe online storefront that protects a child’s privacy and let’s them shop online under the limits the parents set.
How to use Virtual Piggy
- visit Virtual Piggy online and set up an account with payment source and mailing address
- set profiles for each child with monthly allowance and spending controls (limits)
- kids can check out at Virtual Piggy approved stores, using only their username and password
- parents get final approval on purchases and can monitor kids spending, requests and wishlist
*** Note: Sign up takes under 5 minutes depending on the number of kids you add***
Why use Virtual Piggy?
- Always 100% FREE
- protects kids identity when they transact online
- offers money smart tips and financial quizzes to make learning about finances fun
- kids can safely donate to over 250 charities w/ their account
- kids dashboard includes tools to help them save, budget and encourages fiscal responsibility
Get Free 1D Movie Tickets From Claire’s, Powered by Virtual Piggy Ends 8/30
I wasn’t surprised when everything on my boys’ wishlist were from Fathead and Foot Locker just two of the several approved stores on Virtual Piggy. They each want the new classic Michael Jordan shoe which was released last weekend. They also chose Giant wall posters of their favorite athletes. Using Virtual Piggy has made them more aware of the money they spend and now SAVE.
*** Virtual Piggy is certified COPPA* compliant by TRUSTe, Privacy Certified for kids by the ESRB, an official PayPal partner, and won the National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval.***
* COPPA is the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, a US federal law enforced by the Federal Trade Commission. It is designed to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13 on the internet by limiting the amount and type of information Web sites can collect from them without first obtaining parental consent.