Be Sure and Please Join the:
Live Q And A For Student Athletes At Risk Of Sudden Heart Failure!
Tonight 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST on this BLOG!
Top 5 risk factors for sudden heart failure in student athletes:
1. Family history of sudden death.
2. Fainting or family history of fainting.
3. Family history of arrhythmia’s or heart muscle disease.
4. Participation in sports (particularly sports that require a
burst of activity like basketball, hockey and football).
5. Athlete has gone through puberty (an athlete’s body is stronger
at this point and has power during the burst of activity).