|Himalayan Salt Lamp|
My entire household suffers from allergies throughout the year but springtime is the worse. The sinus headaches, the sneezing, the itchy and watery eyes is not a time of year I look forward to, unfortunately. Trying to find relief during allergy season is a juggling act. Products that work in past years stop giving the relief they gave before.
This year I received the Himalayan Salt Lamp for review. The lamp is actually made of natural crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains. It comes with a small bulb that you place inside of the lamp. The heat from the bulb heats the salt and causes the salt to emit negative ions. The negative ions bond with positive ions (pollutants) in the air and neutralizes (removes) them from the air.
In a nut shell, the salt when heated removes pollutants from the air. How cool is that? I decided to place the lamp in my boys’ room for the past few weeks. Although we haven’t had much of a spring yet their are other pollutants like dust and dander. The lamp also has other healing and cleaning properties too.
Harmonizing Ionizing Effects
Crystal salt lamps bind
the excessive positive ions with their negative ions. When they warm
up, they attract humidity and the surface of the salt crystal becomes
moist. This causes a field of ions to build. Crystal salt lamps can also neutralize the electro-smog in a room. Perfect for those who suffer from insomnia.
Benefits of using Himalayan Salt Lamps
- These lamps are made of natural crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains
- The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
- This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
- Heat from the bulb (in our lamps) or flame (in our candle holders) causes the salt to emit negative ions
- These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
- Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation
- In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home
- Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of these products
- Concisely, these products cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful
My sons really enjoy the orangy glow the lamp emits. They prefer it to the harsh light of a regular bulb lamp. They haven’t suffered from any sneezing or early allergy symptoms since we’ve been using the lamp. The real test I know, will come when allergy season finally arrives. But we are ready and I feel this is a great all natural alternative.
The mini lamp that I received is only priced at $24.99 and can be purchased here a great price for a lamp that offers so many other properties besides light. The Himalayan Salt shop has many other products available for purchase including an inhaler recommended by Dr. Oz.
Himalayan Salt lamps make great gifts. If you love to give gifts that you know will stand out in the crowd this would be an awesome purchase. The lamps are available in several sizes, the larger lamps can be used in larger sized rooms like game rooms or living rooms.
Social Media Follow
Newsletter Sign -Up
The kind folks from the Himalayan Salt Shop have generously agreed to give one of you a Himalayan Salt Lamp mini just like the one I received. Please enter via the GT form below. Giveaway U.S. Only Ends 4/11
Disclosure: I received one or more of the following products for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.