The first Valentines Day my husband and I shared together was a frugal one. We both didn’t have a lot of money at the time so we decided to buy each other small appliances. Mocked by my friends as being “unromantic” I really didn’t care. Flowers die and candy is gone within minutes, at least at my house. I bought him a toaster oven and he bought me an electric can opener. We were so excited to add these much needed items to our kitchen that somehow the tradition has continued.
This Valentines Day I have my eye on a not so small appliance, the KitchenAid- Ultra Power Tilt-Head Stand Mixer in Empire Red. I must admit I go ga ga over kitchen gadgets. Anything that enhances my overall Epicurial experience is a definitely plus. It’s been my experience having the right gadgets in the kitchen makes the finish food product a culinary delight. In the past I’ve purchased some cheap facsimiles of the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, but NOTHING compares to the real thing, how could it? All of my favorite chefs from Paula Deen to Martha Stewart use and praise the KitchenAid brand. Bottom line if they have it then I “must” also have it. I’ve even cleared a prominent space on my counter just for mine when I receive it. Just take a moment and read all of the features it has to offer:
This stand mixer features a 4-1/2-quart stainless-steel mixing bowl
and flat beater, dough hook and wire whip attachments that are ideal for
dough, mixes and batters.
- Direct-drive transmission and 300 watts of power provide plenty of power to handle all your mixing needs
- 4-1/2-quart stainless-steel mixing bowl
- 10 speed controls offer a variety of mixing options
- Tilt-head design allows clear access to the beater and bowl
- Power hub for optional attachments (not included)
- Includes flat beater, wire whip and dough hook
Don’t those features just make you mouth water? I know, mine too. I am in Love with the KitchenAid- Ultra Power Tilt-Head Stand Mixer.
I would actually accept it in “any color” but the Red is perfect for Valentines Day. If you know my husband, please tell him I will cook dessert EVERYDAY for a year if he would be so kind to purchase me this Awesome gift!
My husbands request this year is a new toaster. Our old toaster that we had for years took it’s final spill over the holidays and completely stopped working. Since then I’ve been cooking toast and bagels in the oven. I feel like someone from the stone ages. I can’t believe how arduous it is to make toast and bagels in the oven. You really have to stand there and watch it, or it will burn. Who has time to watch toast cook? Definitely not me. I am happy to purchase him the Cuisinart- 4 slice Toaster- in Brushed Chrome. The extra wide slots are perfect for bagels so you don’t have to use a butter knife to pry out the bagels because the slots are too narrow. The Chrome finish allows it to blend in with any kitchen color or style. Just check out the specs:
Nothing beats a warm bagel in the morning and now you can get it
toasted just right without having to make a trip to the bagel shop.
- Toast up to 4 slices of bread or bagels at a time
- 6 browning settings give you the power to cook your toast just the way you like it
- Button controls allow you to reheat, defrost and toast bread or bagels
- 1-1/2″ slots offer plenty of space for thick slices of bread or hearty bagels
- LED indicator lights let you see the current toaster setting
- Slide-out crumb tray for easy cleanup
- High-rise carriage
- Attractive brushed stainless-steel exterior looks great in any kitchen
Granted the hubs Valentines Day gift costs a lot less than my own, but have no fear. I have listed a link for Best Buy Small appliance coupons. In fact just in case you want to go the Fitness route this Valentines Day I’ve also included a link for fitness coupons as well. Wasn’t that thoughtful of me?
has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or
received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.