Walgreen’s has rapidly become the go-to store in many American Cities. With their multiple locations, late hours and affordable prescriptions, it’s not a week that goes by that I’m not shopping in one. Recently, Express Scripts has decided Walgreen’s will no longer be in it’s Network. This action will adversely affect, and has angered thousands of customers.
Walgreens and Express Scripts
What is Express Scripts and How the Program Affects Customer’s:
- Express Scripts acts as a middleman between pharmacies providing the healthcare service and employers and health plans who pay for the medications.
- Express Scripts has chosen not to re-new it’s contract with Walgreens. This will affect All Walgreens and Duane Reade pharmacies.
- Customers will now have to travel further to use their in-network pharmacy benefits.
- The decision not to re-new the contract will not save customer’s money. In fact , quite the opposite will happen with longer commutes to further pharmacies and increased gas and transportation cost.
- Customers are angry and confused.
- Military families are affected because one of Express Scripts clients is Tricare.
- Tricare is the health and prescription drug program for America’s military service men and women.
If you are Angry after reading this post, Please contact your local media and voice your dissatisfaction!
Walgreens wants to help by offering a special discount on annual memberships for it’s Prescriptions Savings Club.
Prescription Savings Club at Walgreens
Let’s show our continued support of Walgreens and stay updated by following Walgreens on Twitter
and Walgreens on Facebook